Location: Harleysville, PA
Job Type: Full-Time
Peaceful Living is seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to create belonging for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). DSPs provide meaningful engagement, support, and supervision, ensuring health, safety, and well-being of individuals.
What we offer you:
- $15.00 per hour
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time
- Referral Bonus Program
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma/GED
- Have and maintain a valid (state of residence) driver’s license and driving approval from Peaceful Living
- Successfully pass and maintain all criminal background checks
- Assist individuals in making progress on their Outcome and Goals for the specified service as defined in their Individual Support Plan.
- Observe Office of Developmental Program’s requirements for the provided service including the submission of prompt accurate documentation.
- Participate in annual ISP meetings, SIS assessments, and other functions as a member of the individual’s team.
- Participate in All Agency and Family Services team meetings when available.
- Participate in training opportunities to improve ability to support and promote individuals served.
- Maintain staffing ratio and safety guidelines as outlined in the individual’s Individual Support Plan.
- Provide individual specific supports as outlined in the ISP; such as personal care, behavioral intervention, communication assistance, etc.
- Promote the holistic well-being of each individual served assisting them to achieve their own style of Belonging.
- Transport individuals, at times using personal vehicle, to Outcome and Goal related activities that are within the departmental mileage cap
- Provide support and supervision to individuals attending the respite programs (as applicable)
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Learn and follow agency policies/procedures and government regulations for the services provided
- Collaborate with community organizations to develop recreational and volunteer opportunities for the men and women in our services
Our mission is to create belonging for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We believe that the people we support deserve caring, dedicated team members who will empower them to achieve their goals. We look forward to hearing from you!