Peaceful Living is seeking a Program Specialist to ensure that each individual on their caseload experiences high-quality belonging. The Program Specialist represents, advocates for, and pursues the dreams of the individuals served. The primary focus is to coordinate and complete assessments, participate in development of Individual Support Plans (ISP), create and review all relevant documentation, and coordinate services provided to each person on their caseload, up to a maximum of 30 individuals.
We offer a competitive salary, and to our full-time employees, a benefits package which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time
- Referral Bonus Program
- Maintain a valid (state of residence) driver’s license and driving approval from Peaceful Living.
- Attend and acquire certification in the DPW Medication Administration Course and become a practicum observer within one year of the date of hire in the role of PS/QIDP (as needed).
- Attend and obtain certification in the PA Certified Investigator’s Course within one year of the date of hire in role of PS/QIDP.
- Attend the Safety Mechanics/PEI training and become a trainer within one year of the date of hire in role of PS/QIDP.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and two (2) years’ experience working with individuals with IDD; or
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university and one (1) year work experience with individuals with IDD; or
- Associate’s Degree or sixty (60) credit hours from an accredited college or university and four (4) years’ experience working with individuals with IDD
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn, practice, and foster Peaceful Living’s mission, vision, values, culture, and philosophy of care in order to create high-quality belonging.
- Embrace the Charting the Life Course assessment and create a life-map to help steer decision making and set individual goals.
- Ensure that the individual is always considered in decision making.
- Explain each individual’s rights and the responsibility and risk those rights carry until comprehension is achieved.
- Create a relationship/connection with the individual in order to comfortably discuss each person as an individual, not a case.
- Determine who the significant stakeholders are in the individual’s life and establish a health rapport with them.
- Oversee the coordination of services for the individual and promote continuity and consistency in the service delivery.
- Comply with state mandated regulatory Program Specialist requirements for all programs that touch the lives of the individuals on caseload.
- Practice and encourage professional and healthy communication with all persons who have an influence on the individuals on caseload (up to 30).
- Ensure that the individual’s medical, dental, social, financial, behavioral, spiritual, and personal needs, wants and desires are being accounted for and addressed
- Emergent situations, upon discovery or notification will be prioritized. Necessary and appropriate actions should be considered a priority and communicated as such.
Peaceful Living’s Mission: We create belonging for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We believe that the people we support deserve caring, dedicated team members who will empower them to achieve their goals. We look forward to hearing from you!
Location: Harleysville, PA
Job Type: Full-time