Peaceful Living is seeking a Nurse-Care Coordinator to coordinate and monitor the medical needs of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The primary focus of the Health Care Coordinator is scheduling medical appointments, follow-up care, ensuring the proper implementation of physician’s orders and maintaining all medical documentation and medical charts.
Harleysville, PA and surrounding areas
8:30am-4:30pm with on call rotation
Compensation and Benefits:
- Sign-on Bonus of $1,500
- Referral and appreciation bonuses when eligible
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time
- EAP and tuition reimbursement
- See more about our benefits HERE
- Maintain a current LPN or RN license from the state of Pennsylvania
- Maintain the ability function as a Medication Administration Practicum Observer
- 2 years of work experience working with people with disabilities (preferred)
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving approval from Peaceful Living
- Successfully pass and maintain all criminal background checks
- Complete pre-employment physical and TB test
- Attend a week long New Employee Orientation held at our main office in Harleysville from 9am – 4pm.
- Be fully vaccinated and receive a booster when applicable. If not vaccinated, you may show proof of upcoming vaccine appointment to fulfill this requirement.
- N95 mask fit testing, provided by Peaceful Living
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates and schedules medical appointments for each individual to ensure regulatory compliance and the best possible health and safety of each person
- Responsible for the development and updating of the Lifetime Medical History, annually at the time of the ISP
- Prepares 90 day reviews and participates in ISP meetings
- Provides direct care to individuals as needed to ensure regulatory compliance as needed
- Monitors the medications, by working closely with the pharmacy and residential team, to ensure that medications are ordered and administered in accordance with physicians’ orders. Also responsible for monitoring effects, side effects, and use of resident medications in alignment with best nursing practices.
- Coordinated and monitors medication orders and delivery of medications from pharmacy, logging in of medications on the Medication Administration Record (MARs), through the use of the eMAR system, and the addition/discontinuation of medications throughout the month
- Relays pertinent medical information to the residential team and individuals’ care teams to ensure the best possible medical care of each person served
- Assists in medical appointments, including routine visits, emergency care, hospitalization, and psychiatric treatment
- Obtains/transcribes physicians’ orders
- Performs routine and as needed nursing assessments including but not limited to: vital signs, reported signs of illness, post-fall, post-incident, post-accident, post-seizure (as per seizure protocol)
- Completes consultation paperwork, pre and post appointments, updates Client Medical Profiles accordingly
- In conjunction with the other Practicum Observers, completes MAR reviews for Medication Certified Staff, to ensure regulatory compliance
- Trains Peaceful Living employees in medical care of residents, including routine orientation topics and ongoing trainings to ensure quality of care
- Maintains medical chart for each individual served in accordance with the 6400 and 6600 regulations
- Enters and maintains information in the HRST (Health Risk Screening Tool) in accordance with the Department of Human Services
- Maintains the Health Record System
- Works with Program Specialist/QIDP to develop and implement ongoing health care related goals/outcomes for individuals
- Attends Residential Services department meetings to review the medical appointment calendar, relay important information, and discuss the medical needs of each individual
- Maintains ongoing contact with family members, Supports Coordinators, and other stakeholders to ensure quality communication and care for each individual served
- Works with other team members to ensure proper medical billing for each resident, based on insurance coverage
About Peaceful Living:
At Peaceful Living we aim to create belonging. To feel true belonging, all people want companionship, healthy minds, bodies, and spirits, to share their gifts and enthusiasms, and to be part of the community. We believe in providing that feeling of belonging to the people we support, their families, and each other.
As employees, we create a caring and dedicated team who will empower people to achieve their goals. We are always growing and learning. We look forward to hearing from you!
Location: Harleysville, Telford, Lansdale, Doylestown, Newtown Square
Job Type: Full-Time, Part-time, PRN
Discipline: Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities