Location: Telford, PA
Job Type: Full Time
What we offer you:
- $1,500 Training bonus
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time
- Referral Bonus Program
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must maintain a valid (state of residence) driver’s license and driving approval from Peaceful Living
- Must maintain a current PA nursing license
Current LPN or RN license from the state of Pennsylvania and 2 years of work experience directly supporting individuals with an Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Peaceful Living is seeking a LPN to provide and promote for the welfare, well-being and medical needs of individuals entrusted to our care. The primary focus will be to monitor and coordinate the overall medical care for one individual served, by scheduling medical appointments, follow up care, and ensuring the proper implementation of physician’s orders to ensure the health and safety of this individual and maintaining all medical documentation and medical charts in accordance with the 6400 regulations.
- Coordinates and schedules medical appointments for one individual to ensure regulatory compliance and the best possible health and safety of each person, as needed
- Participates in ISP meetings
- Monitors the medications, by working closely with the Pharmacy, supervisor and staff, to ensure that medications are ordered and administered in accordance with the physicians’ orders, monitors effects, side effects and use of resident medications in alignment with best nursing practices.
- Assists in the monitoring of medication orders, coordinating orders and delivery of medications from pharmacy, logging in of medications on the Medication Administration Record (MARs), through the use of the eMAR system, and the addition/discontinuation of medications throughout the month
- Relays pertinent medical information to IDT members, such as parents, managers and support staff, training team members as needed to ensure the best possible medical care of each person served
- Assists in the person’s medical appointments, including routine visits, emergency care, hospitalization and psychiatric treatment, as needed or requested
- Obtains/transcribes physicians’ orders
- Performs routine and as needed nursing assessments including but not limited to: vital signs, reported signs of illness, post- fall, post- incident, post- accident, post- seizure (as per seizure protocol)
- Completes consultation paperwork, pre and post appointments.
- In conjunction with the other Practicum Observers, completes MAR reviews for Medication Certified Staff, to ensure regulatory compliance
- Trains Peaceful Living employees in medical care of residents, including routine orientation topics and ongoing trainings as needed to ensure quality of care
- Works with Program Specialist/QIDP to develop and implement ongoing health care related goals/outcomes for individuals
- Attends residential department meetings with Residential Managers, Director of Residential Services and other team members, to review the medical appointment calendar, relay important information and discuss the medical needs of each individual
- Maintains ongoing contact with family members, Supports Coordinators, and other stakeholders as needed to ensure good communication and quality care for each individual served
- Works with Assistant Director of Residential Services, finance department and other team members to ensure proper medical billing for each resident, based on insurance coverage
Peaceful Living’s Mission: Our mission is to create belonging for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We believe that the people we support deserve caring, dedicated team members who will empower them to achieve their goals. We look forward to hearing from you!