Peaceful Living is seeking 1 full-time or 2 part-time LPNs to monitor and care for an individual living in a Peaceful Living Community Living Arrangement (CLA or group home). The LPN will coordinate the overall medical care by scheduling medical appointments, follow-up care, and ensuring the proper implementation of physician’s orders to ensure the health and safety of that individual. The LPN will maintain proper tracking and ensuring that all medical documentation and medical charts are in accordance with the 6400 Regulations.
Location: Harleysville, PA
Hours: Saturday 8a-8p, M, W, Thurs, F 4p-8p
Compensation and Benefits:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- EAP and tuition reimbursement
- Maintain a current LPN or RN license from the state of Pennsylvania
- Maintain the ability function as a Medication Administration Practicum Observer
- 2 years of work experience working with people with disabilities (preferred)
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving approval from Peaceful Living
- Successfully pass and maintain all criminal background checks
- Complete pre-employment physical and TB test
- Attend a week-long New Employee Orientation held at our main office in Harleysville from 9am – 4pm.
- Be fully vaccinated and receive a booster when applicable. If not vaccinated, you may show proof of upcoming vaccine appointment to fulfill this requirement.
- N95 mask fit testing, provided by Peaceful Living
Essential Job Functions
- Provides direct care to the individual to ensure regulatory compliance and the best possible health and safety of that person, as needed
- Monitors the medications, by working closely with the Pharmacy, Residential Program Leadership, and other employees to ensure that medications are ordered and administered in accordance with physicians’ orders, monitor effects, side effects, and use of resident medications in alignment with best nursing practices.
- Relays pertinent medical information to care team members, such as parents, supervisor and support employees, training team members as needed to ensure the best possible medical care of each person served
- Assists in medical appointments, including routine visits, emergency care, hospitalization, and psychiatric treatment
- Obtains/transcribes physicians’ orders
- Monitor for general health, seizure activity, signs of bleeding and aspiration
- Train staff on administration of meds via g-tube, rescue plan & meds, VNS, colostomy care, G tube care, kangaroo pump, and care of individual
- Communicate updates to individuals’ health and care to residential nurses and Residential Program leadership
- Take vitals & assess once per shift
- Update weight monthly and report changes
- Complete all documentation including electronic medical records
- Change G-tube every 3 months and as needed
- Change colostomy appliance every 4 days and as needed
- Participate in ISP meetings
- Assist with ADLs & bathing
- engage in in-home activities and assist in communicating with family several times a week via iPad
- Order supplies & meds as needed
- Implement fluids & g-tube feeding plan
- Take INR twice a month and as needed
- Administer medications via g-tube
About Peaceful Living:
At Peaceful Living we aim to create belonging. To feel true belonging, all people want companionship, healthy minds, bodies, and spirits, to share their gifts and enthusiasms, and to be part of the community. We believe in providing that feeling of belonging to the people we support, their families, and each other.
As employees, we create a caring and dedicated team who will empower people to achieve their goals. We are always growing and learning. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-Time or Part Time
Discipline: Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities