Peaceful Living is currently seeking a mission-driven Director of Marketing Communications to tell the story of belonging and invite engagement from stakeholders and the community. As the Director of Marketing Communications, you will lead all of Peaceful Living’s marketing, communications, and public relations initiatives, both external and internal.
- Foster a joyful culture of belonging through collaboration and storytelling.
- Develop and implement marketing communications plans designed to achieve strategic organizational goals and support Peaceful Living’s mission.
- Responsible for all aspects of Peaceful Living’s written publications and collateral materials to enhance and sustain the organization’s brand.
- Drive all aspects of Peaceful Living’s website content and digital communications ensuring that the organization’s digital footprint is innovative and reflects its brand identity.
- Manage all aspects of, and lead content creation for, Peaceful Living’s social media presence. Monitor, report, and present on online engagement analytics (web, email, media, earned media).
- Develop relationships with the Peaceful Living’s constituents, including people served, their families, employees, and other stakeholders through ongoing communications.
- Deploy strategies to effectively market Peaceful Living to prospective individuals, families, and employees.
- Support donor engagement efforts, assisting with direct mail appeals, campaign materials, communications, and events.
- Oversee the development of and integration of branding and corporate identity initiatives. Ensure that all employees consistently uphold Peaceful Living’s style and standards. Empower team members to utilize marketing communications tools and services throughout their programs.
- Oversee all advertising while providing support for Peaceful Living events including the Celebration of Belonging.
- Develop, manage, and report on the marketing communications budget.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a discipline such as marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, English, or a related field required.
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Experience within the non-profit sector is preferred.
- Demonstrated success overseeing the development, creation, and implementation of innovative and comprehensive marketing plans as well as the design and production of print materials and publications combined with robust editing skills, excellent writing skills, making presentations, and negotiating with media and other vendors.
- Fluent in current technologies and up-to-date on best practices in all marketing and communication realms including CMS platforms, basic HTML, Adobe and video editing software.
- Superior communication skills to express, orally and in writing, Peaceful Living’s mission, vision, and goals with clarity, passion, and persuasion.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work well with both internal and external constituencies, effectively representing Peaceful Living.
- Well versed in strategic planning, with skills that include creative thinking, extensive research and analysis, critical reflection, goal orientation, and practical execution.
- Ability to establish work priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and plan strategically and creatively.
- Flexible, positive and adaptable; comfortable working in a rigorous, fast-paced environment and collaborating with multiple departments; an expert problem-solver.
Work Schedule: Approximately 40 hours a week. The Director will generally work daytime hours, but should be prepared to work evenings or weekends as needed for events or relationship building.
In addition to a competitive salary, full-time employees receive a robust benefits package, which includes:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time
- Referral Bonus Program
Peaceful Living’s Mission: Our mission is to create belonging for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We believe that the people we support deserve caring, dedicated team members who will empower them to achieve their goals. We look forward to hearing from you!