Peaceful Living is seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to create belonging for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). DSPs provide meaningful engagement, support, and supervision, ensuring health, safety, and well-being of individuals within the home.
We offer a competitive salary, and to our full-time employees, a benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time
- Referral Bonus Program
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma/GED
- Have and maintain a valid (state of residence) driver’s license and driving approval from Peaceful Living
- Successfully pass and maintain all criminal background checks
- Support and assist individuals with achieving life skills including developing physical, mental, and spiritual health, assisting with all activities of daily living, based on the needs of each person including, but not limited to community participation and leisure activities, transportation, medicine administration, etc. in order to ensure a high level of quality care.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans (ISP) focusing on the social skills, self-care skills, and community integration of clients.
- Attend team meetings and employee trainings.
- Comply with the policies and procedures of Peaceful Living as well as the requirements set forth by the Department of Human Services and the Department of Health
- Work collaboratively to communicate medical, social, and behavioral needs of individuals served, in a timely fashion. Maintains professional communication and exhibits professional behavior with families, guardians, advocates of the residents and all other stakeholders.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Program Specialist, Day Program Site Manager, Director of Day Programs, and/or CEO.
Work Schedule: Full-time 8am-4pm
Peaceful Living’s Mission: We create belonging for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We believe that the people we support deserve caring, dedicated team members who will empower them to achieve their goals. We look forward to hearing from you.
Location: Harleysville, Doylestown, Newtown Square
Job Type: Full-Time
Discipline: Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities