Peaceful Living is looking to fill a Chief Operating Officer (COO) position. Our COO was just promoted to CEO, and we need to fill the newly vacant position. The COO directs, administers, and coordinates the services provided and the internal operations of the residential program (1 ICF and 11 CLA homes), family services, and 3 day programs as well as the maintenance departments. The position will report directly to the CEO. The COO will have an important role in assisting the CEO with the quality of programing in all areas and ensuring that Peaceful Living carries out its mission of making sure our individuals have a sense of BELONGING in the community.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides oversight and responsibility for the daily operations of residential program, community and day programs, and other services to individuals Peaceful Living serves
- In conjunction with the CEO, creates and implements the strategic plan and vision for the organization
- Oversees quality assurance initiatives, identifying quality indicators, collecting data and maintaining to revising service strategies
- Ensures regulatory compliance with 6400, 6600, and 2380 regulations
- Remains up to date on nonprofit IDD best practices as well as state and federal laws
- In conjunction with the Directors, ensures appropriate reimbursement for services provided
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work or related field required, Masters Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of leadership and IDD experience
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working for a faith-based, non-profit organization preferred
- Supervises the Directors of Community/Family Services, Residential, Incident Management and other departments such as Maintenance.